How your company can get involved
Building the future pipeline of skills is key to maintaining Mid Ulster’s reputation for its skilled workforce. There are numerous ways you can inspire young people from all backgrounds to progress into further engineering study and manufacturing careers.
If your company would like to join the MEGA network please
Contact here us to find out more.
Inspire young people into the world of work by encouraging your employees to become MEGA Ambassadors.
MEGA Ambassadors are employees of our MEGA member companies who volunteer their time to act as inspiring role models to young people, in order to encourage more young people to choose engineering & manufacturing as a future career path.
Ambassadors achieve this by direct contact and interaction with students. Each Ambassador is registered and trained.
MEGA Ambassadors are essential in enabling us at MEGA to deliver the wide range of high-quality programmes to schools in Mid Ulster. Ambassador engagement in these programmes can be as short as 30 minutes or as long as 6 months and come in a wide variety of formats including:
- Careers talks and advice in schools
- Judging competition work
- Project work with local schools or colleges
- Work placements for students
- Mentorship of and support for local teachers
- Hosting school visits to their workplace
- Offering and arranging work experience for students
- Participating in recruitment fairs and open days
- Providing technical advice and/or practical support to STEM projects in the classroom
Benefits in becoming a MEGA Ambassador
- Contributes towards your CPD
- Helps develop presentation skills, build confidence and provide additional experience outside of your day-to-day role
- Gives a platform to share your passion for manufacturing & engineering to inspire the next generation
- Educates students on potential career opportunities on their doorstep from someone who has been in their shoes
- Contributes to your employer’s corporate social responsibility (CSR)
Requirements to become a MEGA Ambassador
- Currently employed within the manufacturing & engineering sector
- Understanding of career opportunities within your company
- Enthusiastic and professional with the confidence to inspire others into engineering
- Ability and willingness to represent your employer with pride and positivity
- Punctual and presentable
If you would like to become a MEGA Ambassador, contact us here.
What are Apprenticeships?
An apprenticeship can give your employee the training and qualifications they need to get ahead and meet your business needs. The qualifications for Level 2 and Level 3 are set out in a framework. They have been devised by industry bodies together with the Sector Skills Council and are therefore tailored to ensure they meet the needs of your industry. Framework provision is subject to confirmation.